Prescott, Arizona

Muskrat

Hello: Have run into many interesting random articles out on the net from HMVF - But, could not ask questions nor look at attached photos unless I joined in - so I did. But, I signed up a while back, but failed to formally introduce myself - my apologies.

I have lived in Northern Arizona all my life and grew up outdoors and am a, under the radar cowboy type artist (by word-of-mouth) by trade - I spend a lot of times in the hills Hunting, fly-fishing, shooting, camping and the like. I enjoy World, Military, U.S, Old West, and Arizona history. I have been on the search for a military vehicle for a while to suit my outdoor Jones's for a long time till I finally got hold of one, and one that I feel was exactly what I wanted even when I didn't know I wanted it - 'Corinna' '75 Series 3 RHD 109', Truck, FFR - 49 GF 85 91126241C - It is believed to have made it all the way past its service life and made it into Bosnia ( I got it with 17,655 original miles ). - I bought it of a man from California and had it flat-bedded out here. He had her chemically stripped of all paint down to bare metal - sadly, when it was done, all identification marks, gone! They should have taken down at least a couple of notes when doing so for future reference; but is was obviously a rush job for them by the signs of circular scruff marks on the back side windows (windowed hardtop). The only paint that was left on it, was topside of both wings. When I removed the eight or so two tone disruptive black/NATO green paint in nice and neat layers, I found the unit sign 21/3 above one drivers side headlight, and what was left of the Union Jack on the other. I am looking for information on the vehicle and or unit. I will be painting her back soon and hope to get it back to a 'period' of her former life - Clive's articles have been educational to say the least -

Cheers! J.D. Davis - Soon to go out for a beer on Whiskey Row ( look it up )