(Cancelled) Woodvale Rally 4th & 5th August 2012

Woodvale Rally 4th & 5th August 2012

Statement from West Lancs MVT

Dear all

It is with sad regret that we have to inform you that the West Lancs MVT have took the decision to withdraw from this years Woodvale Rally. We have been informed by the rally organisers that due to asbestos contamination on the airfield site the rally cannot take place at RAF Woodvale. The only site at short notice that they could find was Victoria Park in Southport, and the only date they could secure was the 28th/29th July, as contractors start preparation work for the Southport Flower Show on 1st August.

Due to the size of our section, Victoria park is far too small to accommodate our needs as we have had huge interest again this year and based on the applications we had received so far we would have had well over 100 vehicles at our event (including large and tracked vehicles), plus military bands, displays and re-enactors and there is no way, (due to the space we require) that they could accommodate us at Victoria Park.

The organisers have informed us that they will continue to look for another venue where they can resume with the flying display and other attractions again in the future. This is sad news and hopefully we will be back there next year.

We will hold on to your self addressed envelopes for next year and use these to send out application forms for the 2013 Rally. We will also keep you informed of developments for next year through our website and hopefully see some of you soon at other military shows

Maria & James

West Lancs MVT

Edited by ferrettkitt
Event cancelled

• 3 months later...

Me to it is an excelent show with the oportunity to show your vehicle at its full potential with the drive past on the runway each day, managed top speed out of the M578 (37 mph) last year actually overtaking Warrick in the AMX13 !

Really do hope everything is sorted out for the 2013 season.

Really do hope everything is sorted out for the 2013 season.

So do I I'll have a bit more info next weekend

shame it's cancelled i was looking forward to it myself.

what kind of excuse is asbestos contamination anyway ? the health and safety brigade ruins another good day out

Nod head up and down at that one shake fist so on so forth!

Edited by ferrettkitt