Ford WOT3

woa2

I have just watched 'Heir Hunters' on BBC tv tonight. Part of it involved an ex-German soldier who stayed in the UK after WW2. There was a photo of some POW farmworkers next to a Ford WOT3 truck with the reg FUR735. Question is , there was HAEC and L72 on the driver's door. Anyone know what this means?

I have just watched 'Heir Hunters' on BBC tv tonight. Part of it involved an ex-German soldier who stayed in the UK after WW2. There was a photo of some POW farmworkers next to a Ford WOT3 truck with the reg FUR735. Question is , there was HAEC and L72 on the driver's door. Anyone know what this means?

Overseeing agriculture in WW2 were county based committees which co-ordinated what was to be grown by who etc, allocated Land army & POW labour etc It was county based, FUR was a Hertfordshire reg number So that ties in nicely Hertfordshire Agriculture Executive Committee -- I have some notes somewhere. the L72 would be the vehicle fleet number. The committees were allocated HMG vehicles, typical would be The Fordson 7V, WOT3 Ford WOA1- exactly the same as the NFS and CD services had once the types were in greater quantities than needed by the military. Often the title was written as War Agricultural executive committee - preceded by the relevant county name. I have a photo somewhere I will dig. If you google you will find a few odd bits .

TED

Edited by ted angus

The attached was taken during the evacuation of the area of Devon adjacent to Slapton sands. Whole farms had to be moved . From the odd pictures I have seen the application of the organisation title was not standardised on the attached they are marked DWAC- Devon war agricultural committee.

TED

pic4.jpg

The attached was taken during the evacuation of the area of Devon adjacent to Slapton sands. Whole farms had to be moved . From the odd pictures I have seen the application of the organisation title was not standardised on the attached they are marked DWAC- Devon war agricultural committee.

TED

Ted

Nice picture and thank you for the reply. Is there any chance you could send me a good copy of the photo by email? It shows a Ford WOA2 in the picture, a particular interest of mine. I will send you a PM with my email address.

Many thanks.

Robert Davey