Important information.

URGENT !

To all 105 owners,DO NOT let off gas rounds or this will be your fate !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :rofl:

Rob....................rnixartillery.

Heh. That reminds me of some badly-stored .38 Mk.II revolver ammunition I got, back in the days when pistol shooting was still allowed in .uk - the primers had gone bad, and firing it went approximately:

Click (pause) phut (pause) Pop! (candle flame appears at muzzle) (long pause) Clank! of bullet hitting backstop.

Cue howls of laughter from everyone on firing point, "Bet you can't do that again", etc.

Okay: Click! ...... Phut! ...... Pop! ............................................................. Clank!

:rofl::rofl::rofl:

What are you handloading it with, sawdust?

Factory.

What!?!?!?

(We later dismantled a round and fired the primer in my trusty Enfield Mk.2** - it went "Click! Fizzzzzz....")

I wish we'd filmed it, the initial "phut" was from the cylinder/barrel gap, the flame at the muzzle (yellow and smoky) lasted about a second, from the cordite (and it was cordite too, none of your later nitrocellulose rubbish) that was burning in the barrel, and you could watch the 200 grain bullet trundling towards the target at about 30 mph.

That box of cartridges was dubbed "thirty eight cigarette lighter" and reserved for special celebrations.:D

I had some 1950s blank .303 rounds a few years ago, they made an impressive bang quite in keeping with what you would expect. The same year an old chap gave me a charge clip of five wartime blanks which he had been issued when in the Homeguard, I fired one on my No4 Mk1 and it was nothing more than a fizz, having said that you could hear the charge rattling round in the wartime round!

As I am not an artillery womble I dont understand the warning or what is so dramatically wrong with the video.

What i do know is that the Canadian Artillery use a blank round that has a very short casing and makes a real impressive sight and sound as seen here:-

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UZrUxkEdgqY

Robin

When i pass gas its louder than that ( mildly speaking of course )

:cool2:

boomboom