63 DPM Smock - The Post-War Price Increase Continues !

wdbikemad

A reasonable DPM 63 Pattern windproof smock in a size 7 with non-original cuffs just went on Fleabay for an eye-watering £240-something.........:shocked::shocked::shocked:

Guess the sudden surge in interest in post-war British combat clothing continues unabated......:-(

I think you may be correct...across the board - late pattern Denisons; 60 Pattern gear and even 68 pattern clothing seems to be attracting a premium. A couple of size 9 60 pattern smocks also sold for between £145 - £175 this evening:shocked:

Still seems very expensive to me

I think you may be correct...across the board - late pattern Denisons; 60 Pattern gear and even 68 pattern clothing seems to be attracting a premium. A couple of size 9 60 pattern smocks also sold for between £145 - £175 this evening:shocked:

Hmmm....and a green size 4 60 pattern smock @£113 and size 9 green strides @£123 sold by me recently......makes me think about the 12-odd other green smocks and strides I have, plus 30-odd 68 pattern smocks.....!!!! Better get on with the book and get 'em shifted !!!! :cool2:

On a personal note, I'm obviously pleased that the interest is here (at last), but a tad depressed by the escalating prices......I hope that I will still be able to find the bits I seek at the shows and events I attend......and I suspect that the odd "gem" here and there can still be found......but Ebay....well, perhaps no longer....

Edited by wdbikemad

Not a collector just a guy who wore the gear, with the change of camo style. The DPM came IS the thing of the past.

At the start of GW1 desert camo was very thin on the ground as was any light weight kit.

I gave my brother who went with 1RRF my tropical trousers although DPM good for the climate, For good measure I also gave him my Artic smock and trousers.

Since then (GW1) all I have seen is Desert DPM gear.

The Green DPM gear is a very retro bit like the american combat jacket of the 70'S, almost became an anti war statement to wear, but today the clothing reflects support for the lads.Its a pity the sums paid do not go towards help for heros.

Thoughts?

Edited by Chin Strap