All charged up

In case people wonder what has changed yet again!

The version (V4.3.1) posted on 8/9/11 was a major upgrade in alternator construction and testing, there are 18 additional pages with 30 new images.

The version (V4.3.2) posted today 12/9/11 corrects about 20 dyslexic errors that defied my repeated checking until it was uploaded when they all became embarrassingly obvious. In the light of more data purchased a few days ago I have been able to expand the section the diodes types used in the generator. If you enjoy part numbers, CV codes, NSNs etc then this section is for you.

As this is a living document, rather like an EMER, sections can be amended & added to make it as comprehensive as possible. I am particularly keen to hear from anyone who can add any data or references to the generator diodes of their various kinds.

This post is on behalf of Clive, who has internet problems currently, and faxed the following info for readers of his All Charged Up article.

It lays out the latest up dated version and the changes made;

"All Charged Up 4 ver3-3

No dramatic changes. I don't expect people want to trawl through the whole thing again looking for changes. These are mainly ;

Page 12, Use of Avo 12 described (cos I'm very excited as I bought another one at the weekend)

Page 9 Rectifier symbol added to help diode picture

Pages 23 and on .. "conundrum of diodes, etc" In the light of 3 more documents seen recently I have been able to augment some info and clearly show that the Army on several occasions got confused between the various diode types used.

Page 26 Thanks to Phil B for pointing out some replacement diode types.

Page 55 Photo of the elusive black generator"

• 3 weeks later...

Thank you for doing that Richard. I think I'm sorted now.

It has now been superseded by ver3.4 only changes are on pages 26/27 where there is some clarification about

replacement diodes & further suggestions.