Landrover Registration Numbers

64EK26

Hi

I have been doing a bit of research into the history of my vehicle a Rover8 64EK26 (Contract WV1327) which was built late in 1963. The EK series of registrations is for Class B vehicles (1962-63). I have found a photo of a ??EK2? in service with the right regiment at the right time whilst in Northern Ireland in July/Aug 1970 and at that time I understand that they only had 4 landrovers (and one of the others is a DM registered one). I hope to arrange to go to Deepcut to look through the Class B records so I can determine if it is mine by a process of elimination.

Does anyone know what the EK registration range for landrovers is ?

Obviously there could be a lot of EK's i.e. 00EK00 to 99EK99 = 10,000 vehicles !

Even knowing one digit still makes it 1000 records to go through, and I was trying to narrow down the amount of searching I would need to do.

Contract WV1327 was for 5060 RHD and 3556 LHD vehicles if all the chassis number range was allocated. There are a lot of other contracts for Rover8's. I don't know what years these were placed.

Thanks

Richard