Big Scrapyard with some interesting bits?...

RattlesnakeBob

I don't know if anyone has ever seen this web site or perhaps knows of this old contractors plant graveyard?...its on the

dis-used airfield at RAF Folkingham apparantly..????

..anyways....scan down the page and have a look at photos 7 and 8 ..crying out to be saved.....

http://www.28dayslater.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=62261

especially with the huge rise in scrap prices over the last few years I'm really surprised to see such a stack of 'heavy iron'...

.mind you I guess there is a bit of a spares market ??...having said that though...

....I've driven 'old kit' and its horrible to try and use for a 'proper' job.......especially an 'old' dozer I was sat on for about 6 weeks not that long ago...she was a very willing old girl and maybe ok still for a demolition job or maybe for pushing a tip over but......for anything else she was a nightmare...

..there was slop in everything from the door handles to the blade and back again three times over.... it was an absolute devil to drive well so I wouldn't have thought a lot of those old earth movers were 'saleable' as 'useable' and I wouldn't have thought there was a great market for their parts either except to the odd restorer........

...but ....having said all of that I'd hate to see them all lamped up, there is some grand old things in amongst it all by the looks of it.....

Edited by RattlesnakeBob

it is nelson greens airfield i was there last year picking up some carrier track, can't remember the guy's name but he was a nice enough fella to deal with but sharp as you like when it comes to prices as he knows you can't get the stuff anywhere else, i estimated there were over 600 bits of plant on the site. a pretty amazing place to visit.

rick