Army Cadet Force DPM Smocks & Trousers

wdbikemad

Anyone come across these ? The trousers seem to have preceeded the smock by a few years therefore fell under the 1968 pattern manufacturing style. The Cadet trousers are similar to the standard '68 pattern trousers but have only one leg map pocket (on the left), no field-dressing pocket, 3 buttons either side for waist adjustment, plus a plastic fly zip......

As for the smock, this replaced the pullover-style green hooded windproof........made in various patterns of DPM, the smock is partially lined, and has only two lower pockets and no top pockets.......all labels carry the designation "Army Cadet"........also used by CCF, RM cadets, etc.......both items seem to have fallen out of use in the late 1990's when CS 95 took over......?

Steve - may be able to help here - I assume a few photos are what you are after....

It may take me a while to dig jacket and trousers out of storage so bear with me!

I have some, thanks ! Two pairs of trousers and a smock. If the labels were missing from these I should imagine that they would confuse the hell out of some collectors, especially the trousers that look like a cross between 60, 68 and the 1984-issued patterns.....they're not often seen today, although they do seem to occasionally turn-up on the surplus market. Both items are listed (with sizes and NSNs) in the 86 edition of the CG (combat clothing) QM catalogue......

I have some, thanks ! Two pairs of trousers and a smock. If the labels were missing from these I should imagine that they would confuse the hell out of some collectors, especially the trousers that look like a cross between 60, 68 and the 1984-issued patterns.....they're not often seen today, although they do seem to occasionally turn-up on the surplus market. Both items are listed (with sizes and NSNs) in the 86 edition of the CG (combat clothing) QM catalogue......

Understood! Would be good to get your list of NSN's to cross reference what I have...

They are quite common. We picked a pair up at Beltring one year believing them to be '68 Patt but they did not have the shell pocket. Will see if I can get my mate to look at his label. I know another friend have two pairs. We also have several other ACF bits and bobs. Have you seen the ACF section on the Forces80 website?

Ta

Jon

Jon - hadn't visited this sectio before - looks really good!

Aware that you and I need to talk soon - did you still want some photos of the 53 pattern set?

The cadet DPM trousers seem to have appeared during the late 1970s to wear with a pullover and the green windproof cadet smock (quite a good item actually and sometimes seen in use by Marines !).....this ensemble replaced battledress...

The green windproof was still listed in 1986 in QM's catalogues but was noted as obsolete...the same list also contains the cadet DPM smock as current issue, therefore I assume that issue of this item commenced during the early 1980s....?

The example of cadet uniform we have is 1982 dated from a cadte manual, it does not mention anything DPM. The DPM is proberly a later thing.

The Cadet DPM windproof smocks dont have any pockets and the example we have, has had pockets sewn where the chest pockets would be on a norma windproof.

Ta

Jon

Eaglehurst

Were ok for the mo, I am trying to work out what I'm doing..lol

Jon

The example of cadet uniform we have is 1982 dated from a cadte manual, it does not mention anything DPM. The DPM is proberly a later thing.

The Cadet DPM windproof smocks dont have any pockets and the example we have, has had pockets sewn where the chest pockets would be on a norma windproof.

Ta

Jon

Eaglehurst

Were ok for the mo, I am trying to work out what I'm doing..lol

Jon

The issue cadet DPM smock has lower pockets but no chest pockets.....I can quite imagine some local mods going on to add the upper pockets at the time so as not to look different to a "regular" ! :-D