I wonder if someone could offer some advice

Richard Grosvenor

Hello,

Now this isn't a MV based problem but I'm sure someone will be able to help.

A friend of mine has a Daewoo Matiz which has a annoying intermittent fault. Every now and then it will cut out when she is slowing down. It doesn't seem to have any real pattern. It will do it 5 or 6 times in as many miles or it will go for many weeks without problem. The only thing I have found is that when the car is ticking over and you rev it ,just as it comes back to tick-over the engine will struggle to keep running as if the revs are set to low. I tried increasing the tick-over and it solved the problem....For about 3 weeks then it started doing it again.

Now thinking that it might be a problem with a temp or slow running sensor but I really don't know.

Any help would be much appreciated

Many Thanks

Richard

width=512 height=384http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b394/RGrosvenor/Renault%20Magnum/DSCI0002.jpg[/img]

Not sure how the Matiz system works - my Saab had a similar problem that was resolved by removing and cleaning VERY carefully the AMM sensor on the inlet side. I IRC spray electrical contact cleaner was used.

I say carefully because it contains a very fine platinum wire and costs an arm and a leg to replace!!

Hope this helps....

Hi Richard,

The problem with most newer cars is the manufactures don't actually want anyone but their own dealers working on them,thus no manuals :-(.

Matt.

Thanks Guys for all the ideas so far

this is what always amazes me about this forum. How quickly replies come! :-D

She put the same question on the Daewoo Owners forum (yes there is such a thing :wink: ) a few weeks ago but hasn't had any replies.

I have to say the idea about winding it back up make the most sense! :-D

Apparently it's been doing this ever since she got the car, about 2 years, but as it is more of an inconvenience she's never really bothered about it. And it always re-starts at the first turn of the key. But there's always the worry that one day it won't re-start or it will cut out just as she's crossing a busy road or junction.

Regards

Richard