a yorkshire lad

hi I am gordon giles (norton 1926). I do not have any thing military but have an interest in scammells and mighty antars, as between 1953-55 I was a recovery mechanic in the r.e.m.e. at 5th Inf workshop in witten-annan near dortmund germany. I drove a pioneer a scammell and a antar with a 60 ton sanky semi-trailer. I transported one the 1st conqueror tanks to come into germany. I also rode a 500cc m20 b.s.a. and a 350cc G3L matchless dispatch riding when not on recovery duty. we had 1 pioneer,4 exporers,1 antar,1ward le france, 1austin gantry, 1 austin champ,1churchill a.r.v. with a 25 ton winch a caterpillar tractor D8,1 b.s.a. and 2 matchless motor cycles. my other interests are vintage motor cycling pre 1930s and family history. hope you all have a good year with what ever you are doing.

hi I am gordon giles (norton 1926). I do not have any thing military but have an interest in scammells and mighty antars, as between 1953-55 I was a recovery mechanic in the r.e.m.e. at 5th Inf workshop in witten-annan near dortmund germany. I drove a pioneer a scammell and a antar with a 60 ton sanky semi-trailer. I transported one the 1st conqueror tanks to come into germany. I also rode a 500cc m20 b.s.a. and a 350cc G3L matchless dispatch riding when not on recovery duty. we had 1 pioneer,4 exporers,1 antar,1ward le france, 1austin gantry, 1 austin champ,1churchill a.r.v. with a 25 ton winch a caterpillar tractor D8,1 b.s.a. and 2 matchless motor cycles. my other interests are vintage motor cycling pre 1930s and family history. hope you all have a good year with what ever you are doing.

Dont mess about, get a motor and get involved, you dont know what you are missing. I`m ex REME, 5 Armoured Workshops, Hamm, Germany 1956 / 58 I have a GMC 353, White M3 Halftrack, Jeep, BSA M20 Motorcycle, Royal Enfield WD.CO 350 ohv. Harley Davidson WLC ................. only now I go where I want, when I want, and not where they send me, its great. :goodidea: