Remembrance Day.....

Jack

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi LE,

the day went very well, approx 20 vehicles turned out (i am sure jack will have an exact number) the HMVF was strongly supported.

Good to see jack tim colin and respected partners/ families vehicles ranged from a h/ track to jeeps m/cycles and 3 Gmc`s and what i thought was a nice humber.

Ashley

DSCF0204.jpg

Nice work Ashley and good to see you yesterday and will catch up with you tomorrow night 8)

Was a wonderful day, these things just seem to get better (or is it because I am a new boy) we had 23 mv's turn out, a really good show. Was a wonderful sight to see all of those mv's in convoy and blimey, didn't that turn some heads :shock:

Hats of to Kev for organising it and also hats off to Oddball for leaving at 6.30 am to get to Dorset, nice one Tim and thank Wendy for the coffee and thank you very much for the HMVF badges that went down a treat, and a big thanks to Karoshi for driving down from Portsmouth :shock:

My camera stuffed up yesterday so I have no pictures :cry: and yes, I did have the pi** taken out of me for having a red truck.......but what do they know :wink:

Jack a goog day.(weekend for us).

Re the red truck thing, I for one would rather see a Red truck present, than hear of a restored truck absent. Well done mate.

Thanks to all for your hospitality, and for posting up those pictures. Its nice to think we did our bit.

Karoshi

Hi Andy,

to my knowlege this is the first time (through no lack of effort on behalf of the MVT lads ) that we have attended an event of this nature in this area(may it be the frst of many).

It was a great day and well received by the public and especially by the veterans i spoke too. I agree with colins coments re jacks truck at least it was there :D

Thanks to tim and partner and to colin, family and crew for making the extra effort to attend

Jack did you find the tank transporter in the bus shed ?????

Ashley

Ashley,

Tank Transporter in Bus Shed ?????????

Is this an 'in' joke,...........................or a good tale ?????????????

Agreed with your and Karoshi's thoughts regarding Jacks Red GMC -

glad to see it's comming on, Jack.

All the best, to all.

Andy

Hi Andy,

where one of the lads keeps his vehicles, is also a storage area for the local bus preservation items (some real gems there as well :shock: ) well on being told the transporter was at the back of the `shed`and squeezing past a row of buses at least 6-7 deep there was what i would class as a ballast truck probally of forign manufacture similar to a scammell 20 ton ballast lorry in size.

As i was leaving i belive jack and company were going to have a peek

Though i do know some one who has a wartime Scammell trailer and sexton (?) sp gun on the back who was hoping to sell it last year (wasn`t cheap) if youve a spare parking space and a rather large petrol storage tank in the back garden !!!!

Ashley