Remembrance Day.....

Jack

Remembrance Day.....

What is everyone doing for it?

If you are at a loose end then you are more than welcome to join us down here in Dorset as many of us are attending commemorations in Poole park. I will get all the info up on here but I do know that there will be many vehicles in attendance and then another 'famous' road run which I think travels through Poole.........and rumour has it that there will a pub stop, or is that a pit stop? :? In theory, project HMVF will be there all done and a fresh coat of paint!

Let me know if you need any more info.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Meet in Albion Close, Parkstone at 0900, leave at 0930 in convoy for Poole Park.

The park is shut to the public at this time, so only way in, is in convoy with the right pass. As we arrive we will be placed in our positions by the council organiser.

After the service we will convoy onto Poole Quay for the memorial for the Navy on Fishermans dock. Then back to the meeting point at Newtown Business Park.

If you need to know anything else then please do let me know!

Jack anywhere we long distance haulers can stop-up for the night if we travel saturday? Poole for 0900 UTC makes a l.o.n.g. day.

Karoshi

Absolutely Karoshi, the GMC WILL be done by them and we should be settled in to our new home by then so you are more than welcome to bunk down with us and we can convoy off in the morning!

What MV will you be bringing?

Jack I'd love to, but where will me be by then? I may have to make alternate arrangements as I'm expecting to bring 2 or 3 British Commandos with me if things work out. So unless you have a barn or something I don't think it’s a goer, as much as I'd like to.

Oddball will be looking for a pit too, and he's 50 miles further on than me, and if Bigredone checks the details, well who knows.

Jack I'd love to, but where will me be by then? I may have to make alternate arrangements as I'm expecting to bring 2 or 3 British Commandos with me if things work out. So unless you have a barn or something I don't think it’s a goer, as much as I'd like to.

Oddball will be looking for a pit too, and he's 50 miles further on than me, and if Bigredone checks the details, well who knows.

Blimey mate, I am not moving into a hotel don't you know :shock:

Jack what’s the etiquette on weapons and dress code for the Poole thing? being an official do all?

Karoshi

Ok here is the reply;

"Dress, military stile would nice, (not Rambo). Weapons, to be safe, kept on trucks at all time Make sure you have de-act cert with you.....just in case"

I will be taking my Enfield and my M1A1 Carbine (thanks Matt)!

Hi Jack,

I'll have to pull my finger out and post it then!! BTW it's an M1,not an M1A1.this is the fixed stock and the M1A1 has the folding stock for the Airborne,although they used both.the M1 Carbine is correct for truck drivers,support troops,RTO's etc.

Genuine M1A1's fetch big money.

Hi Jack,

I'll have to pull my finger out and post it then!! BTW it's an M1,not an M1A1.this is the fixed stock and the M1A1 has the folding stock for the Airborne,although they used both.the M1 Carbine is correct for truck drivers,support troops,RTO's etc.

Genuine M1A1's fetch big money.

Cheers Matt, I best send you some money then :D

• 2 weeks later...

Morning all.

Just need to know who is coming and what MV they are bringing, if you could let me know ASAP it would be very much appreciated as I need to get the info over to the organiser.

Cheers.

Jack.

Morning all 2

Just need to know who is coming and what MV they are bringing, if you could let me know ASAP it would be very much appreciated as I need to get the info over to the organiser.

Cheers.

Jack.

• 3 weeks later...

Karoshi.

The GMC is already to go, may need to bring some wet weather gear as it looks like it could be wet.

Think we may be lucking enough to have 3 Halftracks and 4 Jimmies to start with and about 15-20 MV's in total.

I will bring the camera!