Dodge Brake lining thickness?

Hi Tony,

I will shortly have two cloverleafs for sale, off my WC51. They've been on the back axle and still retain 70-80% of the tread. My WC51 is presently under restoration by my good friend Micha Korst in Veghel, Holland, and a rear tire change is planned, from cloverleafs to NDT's - like the two front one's and the spare.

Check out http://www.MVBros.com for pictures and you'll probably see the shape the tires are in.

Holland is nearer to you than Sweden, too :-)

Goran N

Thanks for all replies guys. Richard I couldn't find the calipers when measuring, have now! So the lining was measured with a tape measure. Goran, thanks. you are right , and I'm looking for an excuse to go European for a couple of days.

• 2 weeks later...

Right, next stage in the saga. I took the brake shoes over to Southern Componets Group in Dartford this morning. What an Alladins Cave! But more later. They are agents for E.F. Breen at Maidstone http://www.efbreen.co.uk/Frictionworkshop.html

Both lots couldn't have ben more helpful. Quote for them is £25.80 per shoe inc. VAT. Breens are capable of relining just about any size.

About the same, less P&P. But the N.O.S. ones are rivited and old spec, so probably asbestos linings.Give Breen's their due, they did say it is possible to the job cheaper but they use very high quality material. Seeing the size of some of the stuff they keep in stock I'd trust their judgment. I only want to do the job once, so I'd rather pay a bit more for best quality stock. I also saw the effect of Asbestos on a friend so I would REALLY like to avoid contact with the stuff. Incidentally they rate the lining at 4.8 mm