Couple more documents that might be interesting reading

kpu121265

I have a lot of these Daily Intelligence Summary reports (British), from June '44 and in to '45. Irritatingly the early June ones are missing, however, they have some fascinating stuff in them, reports of interrogations with German POWs, a translation of one of Rommels pay slips, allied research on newly captured German weapons (including new tanks and assault guns, requests for specific pieces of (German) equipment to be located for research etc etc ect - as well as a daily summary of action. I will scan them all eventually, but attached are a couple of pages i have been using to test the catalogue out.

I can only make them legible as .pdfs so i'm sorry, you have to click on the links below - until i work out a way around it....

Ken

IS.pdf

IS.pdf

IS.pdf

Edited by kpu121265

A lot of liberated kit was used up to very recently. The 1 meter wind tunnel used to test Concorde. There is a Luftwaffe over head crane at one establishment. There was also a German wind tunnel disgused as a barn. The roof lifted when the tunnel was in use, I think that went to Farnbourough. It is probable one of two 50mm automatic mortars taken from Jersey went to Fort Halstead. Forerunner of the A.G.L.?