M35 cargo bed

Boblester40

Hi guys..

I am still searching for a cargo bed for an M35 , if anyone has anything even a rusted out one that i can repair give me a shout . I know reomie have some old ones but was hoping for a lead in this country

thanks for any help

regards

bob

Well bit of an update just had a chat to a local fabricator and making one is looking favourable at the moment , So the next big question is there anyone in the cheshire or surounding areas who has a M35 cargo which would not mind me coming and taking some measuremnts

Pretty please :D:D:blush:

Thanks

bob

You know a fabricator with a 14ft press brake? I've looked all over the states and most top out at 12 ft. There are some that have 16ft brakes but then you have to ship parts around the country.

In the US making a bed is a non-starter. Standard sheet metal is not long enough (standard size is 4x8) longer lengths needed to come off a coil and be cut and ordering special length was to expensive.

If you do get one made, please post pics.

Just a thought, but have you tried Marltrax ? Martin Cross mentioned them when I was hanging my nose over his Reo, we even considered keeping the workshop body as storage space at the back of the hangar !! and getting a cargo back etc

A weld would be unacceptable to me for a restored vehicle. Plus if you tried to recoup your expenses by selling a few, I think most would see it that way also.

M35 beds in the US can be had for $300-$500. Less than the cost of the steel. I sold the bed that came with my CCKW (it was the less common drop side bed) for $200 about 2 years ago.

A steel CCKW bed, in poor condition can go for $750-1000, in good shape with all the parts, $2000-$2500.

While this link is for a Chevy cargo bed construction.. its still interesting:

http://public.fotki.com/dachoppa/buildi ... cargo-bed/

Just a thought, but have you tried Marltrax ? Martin Cross mentioned them when I was hanging my nose over his Reo, we even considered keeping the workshop body as storage space at the back of the hangar !! and getting a cargo back etc

If you hurry i know he(marltrax) has all the seating for the cargos (new brand new) may even have a bed

boomboom