RLC B Vehicle Record Search

jim_m

I submitted about a month ago for a scan of the record for MB158029 (81-YH-05). How long does the record search usually take? I maled the request from the US, perhaps transit time is weeks anyhow.

Thank you in advance.

Jim Mulligan

I submitted about a month ago for a scan of the record for MB158029 (81-YH-05). How long does the record search usually take? I maled the request from the US, perhaps transit time is weeks anyhow.

Thank you in advance.

Jim Mulligan

Hi Jim,

I think that it took about 6 weeks for my reply, hope this sets your mind at rest?

Mark

• 1 month later...

The Key Card scan arrived in the mail today. Original registration number was 5572674, struck on 31-August-1961.

There is reference to "S/O Disposal BAOR CR". I assume "struck off British Army of the Rhine", can't guess meaning of CR.

Edited by jim_m

I have seen, in a REME book, reference to Cast Range. I think means that a particular vehicle because of it's type, age & location was cast because it fell into a pretermined range of criteria.

So maybe CR indicates that type of cast rather than struck off because it was smashed up or destroyed. Although I have no idea what the abbreviation for that might be!