sat 4th june/ sun 5th june fritton lake norfolk

2 para

What a great couple days - :-D

A totally fantastic location, lots to do for those in your group that are not as 'army barmy' as yourself. Exceptional quality vehicles on display in ideallic surroundings.

DUKWs taking the plunge, and motoring up the lake - Fantastic, interesting, informative free lectures and slide shows featuring the history of the lake - the Duplex Drive testing, development and later - the training centre.

.................and of course many familiar friendly faces - Adrian and the magnificent Sherman was there too.

The organisers are to be applauded - a big personal thanks to Stuart :-) and his team.

Personally, I made a complete fool of myself, on the maiden voyage of my home made Schwimmwagen replica.

In my eagerness to storm down the ramp - I completely forgot to engage the slideing crank drive for the proppeller.

Having entered the water in a fantastic splash - my second mate Jimmy Harlston, lowered the prop................and nothing ! !

Visiters were treated to the site of 'Two little injuns' paddleing for shore - fighting the not inconsiderable head wind. Eventually we made landfall, a rope was ashore - and Jimmies Dad tugged us out on to dryland - of course we all laughed it off.

The crank was engaged, and the next voyage was a huge success. Jimmy was rewarded by becomeing chief Schwimmer test pilot for the day, and completed many successful trips around the lake.

P6040066.jpg

fail1.jpg

fail4.jpg

fail3.jpg

fail5.jpg

jimmy-1.jpg

Just a few snaps from the day, I will upload video as soon as it is back from the Chemists (yes, I am that old)