agripper

Question

Is there any RAF Regiment re enactment groups out there ? or is this a group which does not attract any interest? I know the first ground troups in Iraq where Rocks as there got a little turned around and when the wrong side of a waddie. Hav ebeen in sewrvice in almost all theatres of War.

10 answers to this question

Is there any RAF Regiment re enactment groups out there ? or is this a group which does not attract any interest? I know the first ground troups in Iraq where Rocks as there got a little turned around and when the wrong side of a waddie. Hav ebeen in sewrvice in almost all theatres of War.

there is WW11 group called soldier blue http://soldierblue.homestead.com/

I do Rock Ape when with forces80 and when displaying my own collection.

At W&P there is a bloke who wanders around dressed as a Rock Ape.

Hope this helps

Mark

Photo taken at this years Bunker Bash, Myself, Arfur, and 2 members of Forces80 (my C.O decreed that saturday was Rock day, to support my display.)

2010_05160089.jpg

2010_05160089.jpg

Edited by chevpol

I can come round and beast you ala RAF Catterick. But we didn't have Barv's!:cool2:

[

At W&P there is a bloke who wanders around dressed as a Rock Ape.

It must have been very hot for him in that Monkey costume!................:cool2:

lol............... not as bad as those 4 in black kit collecting for H4H!!!

Don't think there's much interest in a group who teaches weapons handling, first aid, NBC and finish off with a tick test.:-D

Thats rather rude, I also learnt to play volleyball a lot when running up rapier. It did tend to break down a little.

And I read Lord of the Rings when on hangar guard.:nut:

What's wrong with seeing something a little different. I have much more respect for the re enactors who do home guard units rather tha SS units. How many men fought a died it in units which are less know and don't have the high pose value. I have seen the regiment do all kinds of dangerous duties with little recognition. So why not now! Always thought re enactments where to pay tribute?

Agripper, i think it is only a little bit of fun.

I am proud of being in the RAF Regt., It was just a shame it was in the cold war and bugger all was happening. My boredom threshold didn't hold so left early.

The Regiment has always been a figure of fun being a soldiering unit in the RAF. A sort of middle ground. But they do an important job and have great pedigree from WW2.

My father wasn't keen as he was in the RAF for 33 years, (not in the Regt)., said i'd get bored.

I joined as I remember the Regt., as portrayed in 'Get Some In.' And there was a little bit of truth in their portrayel. Although one of the Sgt.'s in my Sqdn. had maths qualifications up and down the ying-yang.

There is a good book called 'Through Adversity' about the Regt., and one which is more related to this forum called 'Wheels of The RAF'.

And I am secretely jealous that you have a BARV.:D