Saracen Insurance - Seat Numbers

Hi All,

I enquired with Carole Nash about getting insurance for my Saracen. When I stated that it had 12 seats they wouldn't provide a quote. They said anything over 7 seats would be an issue. Has anyone else had similar problems and what was the solution. Granted I've only called one company at present, so I want to get my story straight before I approach anymore.

Thanks in advance

Had this when getting a quote for a 109 sight unseen.

They said how many seats, me thinking 8 in the back and 3 in the front great for family outings.

The response was we can't cover that you might be using it as a minicab/van.

They obviously do not understand that you have to pay people to ride on th bench seats of Series Land Rover. Turned out to be an FFR so it has 2 in the front and will only have 4 in the back, cause I got to buy some seats.

They would cover me if I provided a letter saying that it would not be used for hire and that I would not carry more than 7 people. You could try this route.

Mike.

Hi All,

I enquired with Carole Nash about getting insurance for my Saracen. When I stated that it had 12 seats they wouldn't provide a quote. They said anything over 7 seats would be an issue. Has anyone else had similar problems and what was the solution. Granted I've only called one company at present, so I want to get my story straight before I approach anymore.

Thanks in advance

Seating capacity is as stated on the V5 (if stated)

saracen APC has 8 passenger seats, and 3 'Crew' seats.... crew seats are not classed as passenger seats. For insurance for my saracen, I use Barry Grainger, very reasonable at £93.25, Fully comp, 1500 miles per year, including £20,000 public liability....., I'm 42:cool2: