Haverhill Remembrance Festival. Sat 30th October.

shopnut

Following is a e-mail from the Haverhill History Group, requesting military vehicles on the Saturday, it is short notice, at present I think they have around 4 to 5 vehicles so far.

To mark the 90th anniversary of the unveiling of the town's war memorial, Haverhill are staging a Remembrance Festival at the Arts Centre (Town Hall) on Fri 29th and Sat 30th October. There will be a wide variety of displays and performances throughout the two days, all on a board theme of Remembrance, and we will of course be launching our Poppy Appeal..

We are also having a number of outside attractions including a small display of military vehicles on Haverhill Market Hill on Saturday 30th Oct. We have three vehicles promised so far but could accommodate perhaps up to ten if any of your members were willing to attend. The Market Square, in the centre of town next to the church, is available from 8.30am to 4pm and measures some 30m x 15m.

We appreciate this is very short notice, which is down to me and delays getting permission from the Council to use the area, but if you could circulate this to your members I'd be very grateful.