Chipmunk Rebuild

alant

We have been rather busy doing the annual inspection and engine frame inspection on yet another Chipmunk G-BCPU and we have almost finished a 50 hour check and engine change on G-BXDI. The engine has been rebuilt by CFS at Coventry and cost around £30K so I hope the test run goes well. It must be flying this week as it is flying in the air display for Buckinghamshire Armed Forces Day at Aylesbury Rugby Club. Then back to the rebuild of RH as it has been pushed back with all the other work that comes along.

10-06-11 004.jpg

10-06-11 008.jpg

10-06-11 006.jpg

10-06-11 005.jpg

Have just started on a little project for a customer. We are rebuilding a DHC-1 Chipmunk that has not flown since 1993. I will be inspecting the airframe over the next couple of days and if anyone is interested can do a few pics and updates as we progress.

Alan

www.aircraftservice.co.uk

Hi Alan

Where is your workshop ? at a strip or a larger airfield ? I own a condor at White Waltham & a Slingsby T61 at Enstone so would like to pop in one day if thats ok ?

Cheers Ian

Hi Ian

We are renting space at Cranfield to do the Chipmunks but have smaller workshops at Tring and Princes Risborough but no strip. I do the permit renewals on a few aircraft at White Waltham and Booker, If you want to have a look see sometime let me know. The no strip bit may change soon. Just off to Booker to do the permit on G-AISX.