Star 266 lovely truck

i think you will have seen my journey too far, recently driving my star 266 back to the UK.,..fun but troublesome...she is a lovelyt truck and i can recommend them to anyone, they have a 150 bhp normally aspirated 6 cylinder diesel engine and they are really smooth...Mine needs a bit of fettling as when she is running fine she has ample power, but every now and again she goes powerloss and gutless...am going to get the boys to cleam the injectors and maybe turn up the injection pum a bit to increase power...she should fly along with 170 bhp in her...you can fit a turbo and make 250 bhp out of them but am happy with 160-170...will post pictures when i am back in the UK...

it is still in production but built by MAN now with a MAN engine...they have dropped the old star engine...no doubt due to emissions issues..or just because they have a better engine in produciotn, the basic design is still the same though.

Mine has one or two mods like a front locking diff, useful in those really sticky situations and a twin exhaust, one with silencer, and one without, you switch between the two...it very noisy without the silencer but feels a bit more meaty, or is it just my mind playing tricks...

Mine is a 74 model, early and in very good nick, i will spend a little time fettling the engine but everything else is basically fine...she just needs to be used and maintained...got the full rear tilt too...