armour upgrade on the Saracen.

paulob1

...then yours is the same as mine, ie a MK 5, onlly from my record cards, it appears mine was up-armoured in 1973.... I may be wrong, I'll dig my cards out again, -once I've wiped the oil/muck off my hands from dealing with engine removal issues!:blush:

...then yours is the same as mine, ie a MK 5, onlly from my record cards, it appears mine was up-armoured in 1973.... I may be wrong, I'll dig my cards out again, -once I've wiped the oil/muck off my hands from dealing with engine removal issues!:blush:

so the job has started!! Photos please Oily

Cheers

Paul

Paulob, I wish I could help you! It is frustrating to know the info should still be available but where!

Oily, best of luck with your engine removal and all of that work for a seal on the flywheel! I agree with Paul, document the whole episode with photos for us poor souls that might end up having to go the same route eventually.

• 2 years later...

Re: flywheel repair issues, the job is almost at an end.... Finally!

There have been some trials and tribulations along the way.... One of which is the particularly sad occurance of my dear Dad's passing away suddenly in August 2011... He was to blame for my enthusiasm and inspiration.... I now have renewed vigour and enthusiasm to see the job completed...-it's what he would have wanted,... and I now have his Trojan bubblecar to finish restoring too..... Gotta keep busy -watch this space for all the the stage by stage photos! As soon as I can find my PC which is currently buried in my office....

Intention is to have Saracen running at 'Overlord 2013', blimey! That's next month!

watch this space!

Re: flywheel repair issues, the job is almost at an end.... Finally!

There have been some trials and tribulations along the way.... One of which is the particularly sad occurance of my dear Dad's passing away suddenly in August 2011... He was to blame for my enthusiasm and inspiration.... I now have renewed vigour and enthusiasm to see the job completed...-it's what he would have wanted,... and I now have his Trojan bubblecar to finish restoring too..... Gotta keep busy -watch this space for all the the stage by stage photos! As soon as I can find my PC which is currently buried in my office....

Intention is to have Saracen running at 'Overlord 2013', blimey! That's next month!

watch this space!

Good Oily, you're back!! I though you had gone! Updates with pics, mate!

• 2 weeks later...

mine is a mk 2 originally and now a mk 5...on my history file it says conversion in 1985...is this when they up armoured it..seems a bit late to me..
Hi,I don't know the exact year but I served at the Vehicle Depot Ludgershall from 1976-79 and the Saracens had already been uparmoured then for use in Northern Ireland.Regards,Jasper.