British armed helicopters

pzluchs

Gentlemen! Need help!

I'm looking for details of British RAF, RN and AAC helicopters from late 50th to early 60th 20 cent.

1. Cabin door and window pintle for Bren gun on RAF Westland Whirlwind and Bristol Sycamore

2. RN WW armament: Browning MG and 2in rocket launcher

3. RAE 7,62mm twin gun pod

4. 20mm Mk4 gun pod

5. Possibly 7,62 MG mount on Skeeter

6. Possibly flexible and fixed 20mm Hispano Mk5 gun mount on RAF Whirlwind

7. 2in rocket HE, AP and SAP heads

8. Nord SS11 missiles on Whirlwind

9. Others...

Or, where can I found info about this? Where can I store the desired information? Books, archives, etc...

• 2 weeks later...

WRT #5 - highly unlikely, except in the SARO blurb. Anecdotal evidence suggests that on a moderately warm day, the Skeeter was reluctant to perform with one up.

#9 - could you be a little more specific? I may be able to help with AAC-type stuff. Or you could try banging your head against a brick wall/Museum of Army Faffing.:D

WRT #5 - highly unlikely, except in the SARO blurb. Anecdotal evidence suggests that on a moderately warm day, the Skeeter was reluctant to perform with one up.

#9 - could you be a little more specific? I may be able to help with AAC-type stuff. Or you could try banging your head against a brick wall/Museum of Army Faffing.:D

Already try...

#5 - I know that experience was. Have You More specific information?

#9 - Mine laying, perhaps...

Have You any about others?

#9 Line laying was a task for which the Scout was theoretically available. I don't think any Army aircraft was suitable for sowing mines.

You're probably aware that the Lynx could carry two 20mm cannon. The cabin floor was fitted with feed-chute apertures, although I can only ever recall seeing pictures of the fit in Westland's blurb.

• 3 weeks later...