Hello to everyone

Legion

Hi my name is Darren, and I'm ex-forces, also based in South Yorkshire. I've been a collector of military equipment and hardware for some time and enjoy doing projects and restoration. My present project is FFR Land Rover 110.

Looking forward to seeing if you have what I want; hope so,

Darren

Welcome from another FFR landi. fan (airportable).

What radio kit are you setting up in your Landi? Will have a look in my hand books for a correct name of what you are looking for. May be just a battern terminal box.

Andy.

Hi i can set up for just about all the clansman radio,i have lots and lots i have 3 mates who sell them,but can not get that EMU or that box,and yes it mite be called that,and if you need radios let me know

Hi i can set up for just about all the clansman radio,i have lots and lots i have 3 mates who sell them,but can not get that EMU or that box,and yes it mite be called that,and if you need radios let me know
Hi, my mate and myself just love Clansman. This year is the first year we have been setting up joint sig. display's at events. Loads of intrest from the public, and hard work. Love it. Just picked up a signals genny to power the kit etc up.

This Sun. hope to have kit running at a event now I have a safe power supply sorted. Put your HMVF name in my little red book incase we need kit:D.

Be impressed to see the 319 in action.

Andy.

Hi, my mate and myself just love Clansman. This year is the first year we have been setting up joint sig. display's at events. Loads of intrest from the public, and hard work. Love it. Just picked up a signals genny to power the kit etc up.

This Sun. hope to have kit running at a event now I have a safe power supply sorted. Put your HMVF name in my little red book incase we need kit:D.

Be impressed to see the 319 in action.

Andy.

Hi Andy,

The genny is good one if its the same as mine,mine has the petrol can bag on the top, and they are a good gennies. Where in the country are you based? If you are not too far you are more than welcome to come over and feast your eyes on my radios. Just got a VDU and a bomb proof army laptop, and the biggest external hard drive enclosure you have ever seen. Just waiting for my teleprinter to be delivered, should all look good when it has all been hooked up the DMU; also I have just gotten myself a brick for the DMU.

- Darren

Hi Andy,

The genny is good one if its the same as mine,mine has the petrol can bag on the top, and they are a good gennies. Where in the country are you based? If you are not too far you are more than welcome to come over and feast your eyes on my radios. Just got a VDU and a bomb proof army laptop, and the biggest external hard drive enclosure you have ever seen. Just waiting for my teleprinter to be delivered, should all look good when it has all been hooked up the DMU; also I have just gotten myself a brick for the DMU.

- Darren

Small world! Up here in Staffordshire. Just picked up 'brick' for DMU. My mate and myself after two teleprinters for the display, working of course. Picked up early this year two computers (see one of my threads). My mate has His sorted to recieve ACARS etc. etc. mine to be done, but we would like to sort out the fibre optic link between the two. My mates Landi is being set up as a rebroadcast station, all getting a bit tec. for me but learning! Phone call tonight, we hope to set up web site for our events and tec. details.

It looks like the world is getting more exciting for us 'poor' folks with just Landies!!!

The force is with us.:D

Andy.

Small world! Up here in Staffordshire. Just picked up 'brick' for DMU. My mate and myself after two teleprinters for the display, working of course. Picked up early this year two computers (see one of my threads). My mate has His sorted to recieve ACARS etc. etc. mine to be done, but we would like to sort out the fibre optic link between the two. My mates Landi is being set up as a rebroadcast station, all getting a bit tec. for me but learning! Phone call tonight, we hope to set up web site for our events and tec. details.

It looks like the world is getting more exciting for us 'poor' folks with just Landies!!!

The force is with us.:D

Andy.

Hi andy here is the number of one of my mates,who said he has some teleprinters up for sale, the number is 07879617062 or 01205821070 his name is Gerald.

Thanks for the printer lead. May take you up on it, but just got back from Shugborough and found a email from a mate who has one spare. But we will need two anyway.

Been realy chuffed with the genny this event , as the first time used in earnest.

Think I have dropped on a good un. It's a Badnam DB10 Mk II. Signals variant.Very, very quiet. Wont even mention how much I saw one for at W&P!

Will post a couple pics of the event when sorted, but one of the genny.

2010_0815Smokey0014.jpg

ok , I ask what is the flexable hose for ? or is that a really really powerful generator and that the power output cable ?

How loud would you say it was compared to a average walk behind lawn mower ?

Hi. This genny. has a input fan and a output fan for air cooling. The hoses are for air flow and the heating of space, i.e. drying out kit after a sudden downpour. It appears to get the 9x9 very hot in a short time.

Compared to my mower it is quieter. Ten mts. away need to know its there to notice it, and that close to the tent still chat to folks and listen to the radio no prob.

Hi andy, can you get your hans on a genny same as yours or point me in the direction of one please

Darren

The one I saw for sale at W&P was by dealer.. Tacticall Surveillance & Communications, 07973 952 242. e-mail; tacticall@me.com

A local dealer had some but all gone, I had the last and not much chance of getting any more.

He will get in touch with me if he does, as we may need two.

If He can, I will let you know.

Andy.