Fully Automatic saracen?

oily

Question

Does anyone know if there is a an AUTOMATIC gearbox available, such as Borg-Warner, or Allinson etc that would marry-up to a B80 engine and a Saracen transfer box? ... been on my mind a while now,..... or would the engine and auto-box out of a Dennis Eagle Dustcart fit in the engine bay of a saracen, I drive these dustcarts at work, and they are certainly more 'nimble' than one would think, and have very good acceleration when both empty (just over 14ton, and full, 26ton!) and are capable of very respectable cruising speeds 60mph... just a crazy plan I've been hatching.......:cool2:

4 answers to this question

Does anyone know if there is a an AUTOMATIC gearbox available, such as Borg-Warner, or Allinson etc that would marry-up to a B80 engine and a Saracen transfer box? ... been on my mind a while now,..... or would the engine and auto-box out of a Dennis Eagle Dustcart fit in the engine bay of a saracen, I drive these dustcarts at work, and they are certainly more 'nimble' than one would think, and have very good acceleration when both empty (just over 14ton, and full, 26ton!) and are capable of very respectable cruising speeds 60mph... just a crazy plan I've been hatching.......:cool2:

If you are interested I have an ALLISON MT640 which came off the back of a B81 out of a 4x4 airfield crash tender (non-military). I have the adaptor ring, flex plate and torque convertor complete to mount up to the basic B80/81 engine. You can have the lot for £150. PM me if interested I have photos of the complete assembly before I split it off the engine.

Found the picture.

On the other side of the transmission which you cannot see in the picture is a "full power" PTO propshaft drive for the water pump on the fire engine.

various to sort 090a.jpg

Edited by antar
Add text

Found the picture.

On the other side of the transmission which you cannot see in the picture is a "full power" PTO propshaft drive for the water pump on the fire engine.

if Oily doesnt want it john I will have it please...this will be just about perfect for my plans...off roader stolly with auto box, big tyres off a ural and everything that isnt needed removed to reduce weight to less than 5 tons...not sure of the latter bit but thats the plan...

if Oily doesnt want it john I will have it please...this will be just about perfect for my plans...off roader stolly with auto box, big tyres off a ural and everything that isnt needed removed to reduce weight to less than 5 tons...not sure of the latter bit but thats the plan...

PM sent.