What are the chances ?

mark m uk

I recently bought this 166 propeller, to add to my collection of parts in preperation for a forthcoming restoration project.

A very original piece still retaining its 3 colour 'Normandy' camouflage scheme - and a bullet strike.

I thought it maybe the actual propeller off this shot up 166, but close examination reveals that the strike is not quite in the same position - but it had me going for a while :D

Anyway, I think it is a nice bit of kit in its own right.

camoprop008.jpg

camoprop005.jpg

camoprop012.jpg

bullet166red.jpg

Ah well, if you have an original part it becomes a 'rebuild' not a 'replica'. :-D

Yes I agree,...........but I wouldn't waste a great original part like this on my replica - this is going on the genuine 166 I recently acquired. The propeller will not be restored, I will paint the rest to match this :D

Yes I agree,...........but I wouldn't waste a great original part like this on my replica - this is going on the genuine 166 I recently acquired. The propeller will not be restored, I will paint the rest to match this :D

There is a steam place I know re-buildind an old engine. They have the top of the smokestack from the original, and are claiming they are 'rebuilding' the old one.Your attitude is much better!:-D Be great to see it on a, more complete, restoration.

• 2 weeks later...
I can see how that would get you going Mark, but is it only me or are there not at least 4 strikes to the top lh blade and two to the rh one in that picture?

Your right - I am ashamed to say I hadn't even looked at that.:blush:

I guess all of this is a good 'triggers broom' type of dilema ( I bet none of our foreign members have the first idea what that means :D)