Regiment Identification on a FV1611 from Northern Ireland

Rover8FFR

John that's excellent news. I was a bit thrown as it is similar to 1st Guards & 2, 3, 5 & 6 Guards appear in my book but with quite different insignia. I'm sure Wayne will be much relieved.

Whippeeeeeee........John is a super star.

IV Guards Brigade has strong links to BAOR spending a lot of time in Herford, Germany.....More research me thinks......Where's the Coco!:cool2:

4th Guards Brigade Group, 5th Infantry Brigade Group and 20th Armoured Brigade Group.

Germany: HQ at Wentworth Bks, Herford. OOB - 4th Guards Brigade Group, 5th Infantry Brigade Group and 20th Armoured Brigade Group. March 20th Armoured Brigade Group to 1 Division.

1962 - 1963

Germany: HQ at Wentworth Bks, Herford. OOB - 4th Guards Brigade Group and 5th Infantry Brigade Group.

Germany: HQ at Wentworth Bks, Herford. OOB - 4th Guards Brigade Group and 5th Infantry Brigade Group. From Feb 20th Armoured Brigade Group. June 5 Brigade to England.

Germany: HQ at Wentworth Bks, Herford. OOB - 4th Guards Brigade Group and 20th Armoured Brigade Group. Nov Brigade Groups renamed Brigades.

1966 - 1969

Germany: HQ at Wentworth Bks, Herford. OOB - 4th Guards Brigade and 20th Armoured Brigade.

Germany: HQ at Wentworth Bks, Herford. OOB - 4th Guards Brigade and 20th Armoured Brigade. Late in year 4 Brigade to 2 Division and 6 Brigade joined division from England:

Whippeeeeeee........John is a super star.

IV Guards Brigade has strong links to BAOR spending a lot of time in Herford, Germany.....More research me thinks......Where's the Coco!:cool2:

If you google them you will find that there is a section on Rsigs attached as well as RE attached, that is as far as I looked. The cloth formation signs come up quite often on ebay military sites, glad I could be of help, John.

+I was sure that there was a series of articles in the Windscreen mag. by John Mastrangelo,so dug out my back nos. and inissue 97-+, winter of 2002 he has a lot of info about signs on post wwii vehicles, I seem to remember he dis a series of articles on div, formation signs.Also Clive wrote in the Summer 2000 issue 87 an excellent article on paint colours and positioning of various signs. There you go, plenty of recerch for you. John.:nut: