Land rover defender 90 ex mod pick up

Its me

Hi there every body could you please help me i am currently looking at getting a ex mod defender 90 softtop from Carlisle and am thinking of getting it transported down south but i need to know the weight of it and was wondering if any of you guys/girls could help me thanks very much.

Buster

Sorry also forgot to say would any one reconmend buying one for a day to day runner this one is in good condition body wise and it has got the old 2.5 nad engine in it but the guy said that it smokes white smoke what do you lot think.

Buster

Depends what sort of day to day running, OK for pottering around lanes but a pain on long runs. Will cruise all day at 50 ish, anything over is painful but may just reach 70. Being ex MOD it will not have power steering either. White smoke is a bit of a worry, could be coolant related. These engines are easy to fix though.

Don't know what you are paying but ex MOD land rovers hold a premium, you can usually pick up an early civvy 200Tdi for the same money. Irrelevant of course if you are after the military look.

Book weight is 1519kg

You need to check if it is white smoke or steam. The 2.5 n/a engine is usually good for 100,000 miles if regularly serviced but at that point will require a major rebuild. A 200TDi complete with all it's ancillaries will drop straight in as long as it,s out of a Defender but although it is possible to use one from a Disco (I've done it) it requires quite a lot of work. The easy way to tell the two engines apart is the position of the turbo, high up on the Defender, low down on the side of the engine on a Disco.