Things That Come Back To haunt You

harry7134

looks like a good mod to me, when i was in bosnia they were thinking of doing something similar to saxons but nothing ever came of it, shame really as you can never have to much armour between you and the bullets.

eddy

Like this one?? at least I think it's a Saxon.. sorry about the quality, an old photo I had laying about..

P1000315.jpg

I think the older we get the wiser we get and realise that none of us can ever say "that never happened" with any degree of certainty. As a scale modeller years ago it was always the non standard cam schemes and paint schemes and equipment fits that i paid most attention to and documented on thousands of 35mm slides.

We used to do a slide night at the local IPMS chapter about every 18 months of things one would never dream of seeing, was such a pleasure in watching the jaws drop on the armchair generals faces at the meetings when one showed slides of such pieces of kit.

Remember showing pictures of some highly modified JTF2 LSVW vehicles for which there was zero documentation or knowledge and a member of the vehicle life cycle cell was in the audience and he was gobsmacked as they had been developed under a "black" budget and the vehicle manager had no clue what was done let alone that a switched on civvy plug like myself would have managed to be at the right place and time to snap them.

R