Wiltshire Steam and Vintage Rally 2010

We left quite late on Friday (about 20.00) for this show, but as it's located just outside Marlborough it didn't take too long to get there and we arrived about 21.30.

This is the first time we have been to this show. I have to be honest, when we first showed up it looked a little too Agricultural for my liking and I was in two minds about it. But after the weekend had finished I was throughly converted, what a great show!!!

It is more biased towards Tractors and agricultural machinery but there was a good showing of Steam and Vintage vehicles. There was a large area for ploughing, both steam and tractor and also an area displaying ploughing by Heavy Horses. Threshing, bailing and hay making were also being displayed. The location was second to none for the view you get as it sits in a bowl with high hills all around (which you can climb up if your up to it!).

The Kennet Valley Area of the MVT were the locals and had a small but interesting display, the highlight of which for me was a WW2 Searchlight which was fired up each evening (although it had to be turned off on Friday night after an Apache took more than a passing interest:wow:) There were also several Fire Appliances in attendence.

The show had a fantastic beer tent. Friday night was a sort of Disco. Saturday night they had the live England game on a massive screen followed by a very good live band playing music for all tastes. The entertainment was totally free (why can't Military Vehicle shows do the same???) and the show was very well run. The arena had events running all day with a good PA system.

There were a lot of traders but not much on the Military front for obvious reasons.

The weather was pretty good and was very warm on Sunday.

The public attendance was excellent and I was constantly engaged with the public on both days regarding the truck and it's history.

This was a great, friendly show. I hope that this report will encourage more Military Exhibiters next year to give it a go. More Post War vehicles are definitely needed, as if it wasn't for Mark Simpers Defender 110 Wolf rep then I would have been on my own. You also get a "proper" brass plaque.:-D

IMG_1084.jpg

IMG_1070.jpg

IMG_1075.jpg

IMG_1062.jpg

IMG_1068.jpg

IMG_1074.jpg

IMG_1067.jpg

IMG_1077.jpg

IMG_1085.jpg

IMG_1073.jpg

IMG_1078.jpg

IMG_1087.jpg

IMG_1076.jpg

IMG_1088.jpg

IMG_1064.jpg

IMG_1066.jpg

IMG_1086.jpg

IMG_1069.jpg

IMG_1072.jpg

IMG_1082.jpg

nice piccys, I like the pre war Morris Commercial.

I like Steam Rallys, a good allround show, plenty to do.

Mind you, I was bought up on steam rallys, having started in 1975 [i was 9!]

All the best

Mark