Interesting finds

They look like some of the last pieces from the Rotunda

Alan

The American 155mm gun did come from Rotunda recently,apparently it was donated to firepower many years ago by a regiment based at Catterick.

It will be used as a gate guard which is a real shame as it is in remarkable condition.

Steve,

The D20 is a different gun I believe, not to sure where it has appeared from but judging by all the Artillery firepower have had to dispose of it probably came from there also.

Could have done with some coming my way !!!

Rob.........................rnixartillery.

Rob I asked how easy is it to transfer ownership from museums to an individual apparently the process is horrendous with everthing being offered to other museums first in relevant journals and publications, if no takers then to tender or as has happenned to some obscure pieces recently, scrap value then torched.

While on this type of theme some of the guys at firepower have tried to get a gun team together and have had donated a 2 pdr A/T piece ex larkhill, however it has no sight mast nor sites and they are hoping that someone might like to donate such a thing, if they are feeling very generous, as there is no cash to hand to buy things.

They are hoping to get the chevy quad running to go with 27 limber and 25 pdr that I have driven with before, again no reddies. ITs a tough old world in Museums.

The D 20 is probably ex Iraqui from first conflict

Edited by alan turner (RIP)
left sometihing out

rnixartillery

Steve,

The D20 is a different gun I believe,......

Hi Rob,

There was one around the Pirbright-Aldershot complex of barracks in the mid 1990s and I think one at Strensham near York -for a while about the same time.

interesting stuff.

Steve