Show Fees

Steve 82

Question

Have not made a complete survey of the scene, but must admit I never understand why some show organisers charge MOP`s the same as exhibitors. I mean, the cost of getting the vehicle there is huge in many cases - to the point, we are funding the shows for the MOP`s to attend.

Would be interesting to hear others views.

Cheers

Steve 82

5 answers to this question

They do not charge at the Essex MVT Military & Flying Machines show to bring your military vehs or to Exhibit, i do not take my Military Vehs to shows that do charge you, to take your military veh in. I do know that is costs a lot and time and money to put on a military show, but without us taking our vehs ect there would not be many good shows.

Edited by Morris C8

Like the others, I do not attend shows that charge exhibitors entry. Currently I get into W&P free as I am an IMPS member, but if this changes, I will have to re-think what I will do.

A very emotive subject that I was talking about today with my dad.

I don't mind paying to enter a mv show if the entry is just to cover costs and is not a profit making show.

If, for example a show was started were there was an entry fee charged and ALL profit went to a military charity, I would be quite happy to pay.

The main thing I disagree with is militaria fairs charging an entry fee to spend your money!

Imagine tesco charging you to shop there :shocked: