Do you know what it is yet?

gritineye

Is it a Davis?

Having hit google I will re-phrase that....

It is a Davis 494

Well damn and blast that Google..... I thought that would last a bit longer than that! :D

What where they thinking of.. that blue damper would never pass a military assessment..:nut:

front view..jpg

Many years ago when I was too young for a car and too cold on the AJS like most of my mates I three wheeled for a while, I met a real 3 wheel fanatic (mainly Bonds). He had some pictures of a three wheel jeep, we agreed it was a real "want one".... I wonder if any of them got this side of the pond?

Regards rog8811

When I were a lad a threewheeler was classed the same as a motorcycle combination....It should have no reverse gear.

Some Bonds used 2 stroke viliers engines with starter motors, with a bit of rewiring you could get 4 gears forward and 4 gears reverse... by starting the engine backwards... mine had a kickstart under the bonnet :-(

Regards rog8811

So whats the deal with 3 wheelers anyway?

Don't you need a license for it?

In UK a 3 wheeler under 550 kg can be driven on a motorcycle licence, I think the Davis 949 falls way outside that weight, actually it doesn't look much lighter than a normal 2wd car, I reckon even Reliant would have struggled to sell them if they had taken up the offer to produce them here.

When I were a lad a threewheeler was classed the same as a motorcycle combination....It should have no reverse gear.

Some Bonds used 2 stroke viliers engines with starter motors, with a bit of rewiring you could get 4 gears forward and 4 gears reverse... by starting the engine backwards... mine had a kickstart under the bonnet :-(

Regards rog8811

When I where a lad, I used to get a regular lift home on Saturday nights with a girl who drove a Bond..............it was better and faster than walking 9 miles, just!