Help for Jack's old GMC

gas 44

Hoped that might get you looking :cheesy:. Been reading through some of the older threads and posts on here and boy does poor old Jack come in for some stick :cheesy: (great bloke though).

Anyway we all know how Jack loved his old "jimmy",so carrying on in that vein we are trying to tidy one or two parts up.The cab needs some "light" resto (did I say light :laugh:,can some one please pass me my white stick).

So ATM we are attending to that,I have read (on here I think, but bu**ered if I can find it now)about a product used as a filler between some panels (anti vibration ?). I know some one has made some with piping and OD canvas,but I am looking to buy ready made as my sewing skills are cr*p,as are my computor skills and MV skills and spelling skills,infact just about skills that the normal person would have.:-X

Thanks in advance

Gary

Hi you are looking for anti squeek welting, this is the point I am at with the rebuild of my GMC open cab, spoke to Dallas Autos at a show and they seem to have a good selection for the beading try Allied Forces or any other canvas company.

Hi you are looking for anti squeek welting, this is the point I am at with the rebuild of my GMC open cab, spoke to Dallas Autos at a show and they seem to have a good selection for the beading try Allied Forces or any other canvas company.

Hi thanks for the info,I think I'm sorted with Allied Forces.

I have read some of your blog re the cab resto,seems as if your are making a pretty good job,problem I've got is that I only have two Saturday afternoon's :laugh: to do what most people take months to do.Still it should look good with 10 hoours spent on it :red:.

Gary

Hi thanks for the info,I think I'm sorted with Allied Forces.

I have read some of your blog re the cab resto,seems as if your are making a pretty good job,problem I've got is that I only have two Saturday afternoon's :laugh: to do what most people take months to do.Still it should look good with 10 hoours spent on it :red:.

Gary

Thanks this job I have been putting off for several years now and it got to the point of having to be done, when you get your bits from Allied Forces could you post some pics as you might be there before me and it would be nice to see some pics.