Wayne Smith

80inch_nut

Hi I'm Wayne Smith and I'm an Alcoholic - Joke

I am actually a 31 yr old from Bristol. I have always had an interest in early vehicles and run a vintage wedding car company- Kens Kars see www.kenskars.co.uk

I also have a big interest in early land rovers and drive a 1948 80" as my everyday vehicle.

I used to have a 1944 Ford GPW but this had to go when I bought the wedding cars, it wasn't on the road but wasn't far off.

I have a passion for American cars and as well as the 2 studebakers and the Oldsmobile which are wedding cars I also have a 1929 Chrysler and a 1951 Desoto Convertible.

Thats it from me for now

Wayne Smith

Hi Wayne, I see you have an Austin 18 York saloon in your fleet, I used to have one of those as a teenager (£15 one owner) it had a glass screen behind the front seats and four seats in the back, with a phone to speak to the driver, does yours have that? Never seen one since. My dad pushed it in a hole and buried it with a JCB after I left home as he wanted the shed room!

gritineye

Re: Wayne Smith

Hi Wayne, I see you have an Austin 18 York saloon in your fleet, I used to have one of those as a teenager (£15 one owner) it had a glass screen behind the front seats and four seats in the back, with a phone to speak to the driver, does yours have that? Never seen one since. My dad pushed it in a hole and buried it with a JCB after I left home as he wanted the shed room!

Gritineye, the York with a glass division is not called a York it was a Chalfont, the same car but with the glass division. We used to have a Chalfont but when we had a fire 4 years ago it went up in smoke along with a York, a Hertford (similar to a york but on a swb chassis) and a Gordon bodied Austin 18 (ex lord mayor of Dublins car). You will have to dig it up and restore it. I see Bonhams have a Bugatti for sale that has been at the bottom of a lake for 70 years and that is expected to make a small fortune!!

Wayne Smith