Green Machine Weekend

What is this show as I've not heard of it before LoggyDriver? Have you got a link for a website as I can't seem to find anything on the Stratford Armouries website.

Chevpol, what show is that near Stoke then as that one could be slightly closer to home?

What is this show as I've not heard of it before LoggyDriver? Have you got a link for a website as I can't seem to find anything on the Stratford Armouries website.

Chevpol, what show is that near Stoke then as that one could be slightly closer to home?

its a bus rally at the Wedgewood site (other hobby is/was buses, I have a stall selling bus piccys etc)

Mark

Hello Smithy,

This is a new show. It was organised for the first time last August in 5 weeks by the Birmingham and West Midlands MVT. I went to the first show and was pretty impressed with the facilities. You got free entry into the museum which was pretty interesting. The museum has a restaurant and bar and in the evening on the Saturday there was live entertainment. You got 4 free vouchers per entry that allowed the holder to claim 4 free cups of tea or coffee a day and a free burger from the all day BBQ (which was on for both days)

There was a steady stream of public that entered the show throughout the weekend, many that had never been to a Military Vehicle show before. They have 88 acres of fields, one of them that you could drive around in. Considering it was their first show it was pretty good and it has the potential to be a very good show. The weather wasn't too great and some that said they were going to turn up didn't.

Hopefully the weather will be better this year as it's in May this time. It's only an hour from me so I will be going again.

There is no info at the moment regarding the show, but I will post a link when one becomes available.

I echo Loggys thoughts, I went on the sunday with my Regiment display, was most impressed with the site, got great potential to expand.

Was a bit miffed when I saw the date, but still I wish it a great future

Mark

PS, piccys on my site!!!!!!!

Cheers both for your replies.

LoggyDriver,

I remember reading about this event now and with it not being too far away I might pay it a visit as it looked like a half decent event.

I've seen some pretty dodgy weather anytime of the year when I've been to shows but like you say let's hope for a good summer this time around weatherwise.:undecided:

If you could post a link up when it's on the website that would be great.

Edited by Smithy

Cheers both for your replies.

LoggyDriver,

I remember reading about this event now and with it not being too far away I might pay it a visit as it looked like a half decent event.

I've seen some pretty dogy weather anytime of the year when I've been to shows but like you say let's hope for a good summer this time around weatherwise.:undecided:

If you could post a link up when it's on the website that would be great.

No problem mate. I look forward to seeing you there.

Weather!!!! It's not been to kind the last few years has it??:-(

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Well I have to say I'm not too impressed with the show organisers this time round. I attended the show last year for the first time with very little notice as it was a new show and I wanted to support it.

This year I sent my SAE off nice and early but didn't hear anything. So I emailed the guy organising it and he assured me that it would be sent. I still never heard anything at the begginging of this week so sent another email which hasn't been answered.

So this weekend has now turned into a write off as I'm not booked in and it's too late to enter another show. I hope others have had better success!