Pig wiper arms and blades

poppypiesdad

Question

Hi all

Happy New Year

Stupid question what windscreen wiper arms and blades are fitted to the pig

something like theses

http://www.vintagemotorspares.com/phdi/p1.nsf/supppages/hodge?opendocument&part=8

or like this

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Military-armoured-vehicle-wiper-arm-CVRT-Warrior-etc_W0QQitemZ360211721071QQcmdZViewItemQQptZUK_Cars_Parts_Vehicles_Other_Vehicle_Parts_Accessories_ET?hash=item53de4aab6f

And how do you keep the back door upper part lifted is it just a stright bit of metal bolted onto the loop on the passenger side

Regards

Jamie

3 answers to this question

Jamie I don't have a Mk2 any more, but does this help? Actually there should be another blade to the left of that one, half covering the block & half on the armour. The arms should be linked with an adjustable rod.

I think you'll find that the canmec link arm if not entirely correct will be very close. Officially what you need for each visor is:

6/MT3/2540-99-811-7313 Blade (2)

6/MT3/2540-99-823-4995 Arm assembly (2)

9/BOE/2540-99-821-9256 Rod (1)

6/MT3 is general to 'B' & 'C' vehicles lights, wipers etc

9/BOE is exclusively Humber

I did have at least one pair, but not sure if I still have it, I'll check.

DSCF0896a.jpg

ISTR there should be a metal strip with a long slit cut in it, with several notches cut that engages a dowel in the arm attached to the flap. Can you post a picture? Then I can see what you are missing, I may have the piece.

It is generally believed that from production of the Mk2 (Sep 1972 - June 1973) that these hefty vision blocks were fitted. That is not so, the original windscreens were used & the visors were flanged steel plates with slits for the periscopes. The new vision blocks, wipers & hydraulics were introduced in April 1975 & required 30 man-hours to upgrade one Pig.