Photos on the Forum

Marmite!!

Remember if you are using Photobucket as a photohost you must log in to your Photobucket account at least once every 90 days or photos you have posted on the forum will disappear.

This had already started to happen with quite a few threads.

Hi, another thing that should be pointed out , if you go into your photobucket account one day and think that it looks cluttered don't do like my friend did and start deleting pictures as they will disappear for good that means all pictures posted on forums to , is this thread going to be in the main index ?

Just a thought, but this problem is likely to occur more often as members come and go, so would it not be a good idea to say in the FAQ that the preferred method of posting pictures should be to upload directly from members computers, and explain why?

Although the photobucket method allows for text and pics to be mixed, and can make threads easier to understand, remembering to log on every 90 days is not uppermost in my mind a lot of the time, and I'm sure most people who post pictures would like them to stay there.

Just found this, it may help us to remember.

How do I follow/stop following my stats?

You can follow your stats if you want to receive an email once a week with your latest stats.

1. Log into your Photobucket account.
  2. Click Stats in the secondary menu. The Stats page displays.
  3. Click Follow your stats. You are subscribed to your stats, and emails are sent to your email address on record once a week with your stats for that week.

Use the Click here to unsubscribe link in the weekly stats email you are sent to stop following your stats and stop receiving emails.

Photobucket do send you are reminder when you are about to 'expire'.

The other thing to watch out for is that they have now reorganised things so you can have albums. I have quite a lot pics there & rather jumbled up. In fact trying to reuse a pic is a pain as it takes ages trawling through 75 pages to find a picture. So I end up loading up a duplicate.

I thought it was going to be helpful to tidy up & have albums. But once you do that the link is lost. You can edit the post with the new album link, but that shows up as an edit, so looks as if you might be cheating on the text you posted & of course this can't be done if the thread is locked.

I had got it in my head that uploading directly to the forum used up bandwidth/storage & it was more public spirited to post a link. is that not the case then?

Edited by fv1609

Photobucket do send you are reminder.

I had got it in my head that uploading directly to the forum used up bandwidth/storage & it was more public spirited to post a link. is that not the case then?

I've never had a reminder so I must have logged on more often than I thought, but if someone doesn't look at their emails or has just lost interest the links will be lost anyway.

Last time this was discussed Jack said either way was OK with him.

Although the photobucket method allows for text and pics to be mixed, and can make threads easier to understand,

You can do this with attachments too...

How do I add an image to a post?

If you have uploaded an image as an attachment, you can click the arrow next to the 'Attachment Icon' and select it from the list. This will be inserted into your post and can be located where you want it displayed.

To include an image that is not uploaded as an attachment and is located on another website, you can do so by copying the full URL to the image, (not the page on which the image is located), and either pressing the 'Insert Image' icon or by typing  before the URL and after it, ensuring that you do not have any spaces before or after the URL of the image. You can insert pictures from your albums (?) in this way too.