M201 radiator removal

timo376

Question

My hotchkiss has developed a leak from the radiator & from a poke around I think i've traced it to the bottom pipe, where it joins the radiator.

There is a frame around the radiator, which forms the 'guard' around the cooling fan. it seems this has been spot welded onto the radiator & this has come loose in places, allowing it to rub onto the bottom pipe at the joint & causing a small leak. :(

I'm hoping that the pipe can be rewelded to close the leak. This will obviously mean taking the radiator off.

Are there are nasty suprises instore for me, as I'm not sure where all the securing points are on the radiator.

I'll also have the 'guard re-welded in place & probabaly cut ot the section above the pipe to stop it happening again.

Anyone had a similar problem?

5 answers to this question

If you look under the rad you'll see 2 mounting studs coming through the brackets on the rear of the crossmember. Those and the support rod are all that hold it, apart from the hoses. You should be able to fix the cowl back ok.

Thanks for the info,

I got the radiator with no great prblems, the bottom pipe had a previous solder repar & a friend of mine re-soldered it for no charge :-) & I've just put it back in & evrything seems OK. Now its ready to go & have a new master brake cylinder :wink:

Hi Tim

I did the master cylinder on mine which wasnt too difficult.

I then greased the braked pedal pivot which showed up a worn pedal and the shaft it pivots on. so here we go again. If your doing the master cylinder check out the pedal shaft etc . By the way if the inside of your master cylinder is ok I have a rebuild kit which You could have for a tenner.

regards

Centurion