Norwegian US vehicles

Jack

Hi guys.

Looking for information on Norwegian US vehicles, i.e.

How many they bought

When they were bought

What they did with them....did they put a lot in storage

Maintenance schedule

When they started to move over to new fleets

When they started to sell them off

And shed load more questions.

CAN ANYONE HELP.

Cheers

Jack

Jack, go buy a book. Its all in Olyslagers.

Thats a book worth getting for the "library" you started last year.

Cheers, really gonna know that aren't I :twisted:

Library got binned as most people thought it was a bum idea :twisted:

A lot of the information Jack ask for was published in a series of Olyslager books circa 1972. The ISBN I quote was for the "Military Vehicles Directory from 1945."

I can not be more precise than an ISBN publication number.

However the information is not readily tabulated and would have to be researched in both that and its sister title Military Vehicles of WW2. Both these and other books in the Olyslager series are worthy of inclusion in any collection.

I regret I do not have to time to re read them all to give Jack the detailed information he seeks........Unless that is, the checks already on its way!!

Although I don't like to contradict Karoshi I can find only a short reference to Norwegian vehicles in either of the books mentioned and none of the information Jack wants.

Jack, I think your best bet would be to ask the Norwegian guys on the CCKW forum.

Degsy you may well be right, I,m working from memory here, but I'm pretty sure it was one of the Vanderveen Books of that time. It gave lists of post war vehicle tranfers to European interested parties, numbers and dates etc.

Its going to take some research,. who ever does it!

• 1 month later...

Hello

Norway did receeve som US vehicles together with Englsih and Canadian alredy during the war, and in 1945 some US vehicles came with the allied forces to Norway.

After the war Norway got ap. 2500 GMC's and ap 3000 jeeps. I have no compleete numbers for the Dodges and other US vehicles, but we did receeve a lot of them.

The only figuers I can get at the time on Dodges is that it was ap. 200 Dodge WC62/63, and 35 WC53 Carry All.

I recomend you all to go to the norwegian forum and ask there. They all understand english i think, and they will respond in english. Go to http://www.network54.com/Forum/86929/

and sign in.

And also have a look at the homepages of the norwegian society at http://www.hmkf.no

Chers

Rolf