Thread deletion

Tugger

I'm all prepared to be flamed so please don't hold back, but it seems to me that there is an amount of sweeping under the carpet going on.

Now I'm not the most regular poster and there are times when I've been away and like to catch up...I know there are a lot of site lurkers who read more than post and ocasionally chirp in. So imagine my surprise when I got he chance to do a bit of catching up and found a thread disappear from right infront of my eyes.

Whilst I am aware that there may be reasons that individual posts may need to be moderated... hence the need for moderators, the wholesale removal of threads seems a little Stazi-esque.

I'm sure I'm not the only one who after being away for a bit might be surprised to find one of the sites most prolific posters no longer around and might like to know why, rather than have any explanation spirited away. It's as if nothing ever happened.

We're all grown up enough to realise that no one sees eye to eye at all times, to ignore that is blinkered. An extreme analogy might be...

"That Hitler chap's doing all sorts of nasty things to the Jews and upsetting the Government in Germany"

"Really? What happened?"

"Nothing... It's ok...we won anyway"

Not all information is happy and jolly, but to ignore it is worse.

I am a member of a car forum where all editing rights are removed, you type it, you post it, it stays! so you'd better mean it. Very little moderation takes place because very little is needed, everyone is well aware of the ramifications of errant posts... there are of course heated discussions... but that's all they are, they don't last long. Very few leave the site, you just get a better idea about what individual members are passionate about.

Sorry rant over....I still love you all though ;)

Not a problem Tugger and look here which may help BUT I am not going over it again, I have so many better things to do. Nothing has ever been deleted - just moved.

As we all know, the page has been well and truly turned on this. If anyone asks then I will not reply. The forum is now back to normal and running smoothly again. Life moves on.

http://www.hmvf.co.uk/forumvb/showthread.php?t=15042