Hello from another Steve!

Hi,

My name is Steve and I live in Dorset, not far from Bournemouth.

I have always been interested in military history and vehicles. I do not have a military vehicle but it is a goal of mine to at sometime own a WWII jeep, but that will most probably have to wait until the kids are grown up and have left home.

I currently help out at the Tank museum workshops as a volunteer and with working shifts I am usually able to get down there at least once a week for a 'fix'

I know some of you may have mixed feelings about the Tank Museum and 'Tankfest' but I love it there. I am fortunate to be able to drive the Sherman, amongst others, and I also took part in the Household Cavalry Pageant at horse guards, crewing a Dingo.

That's me then,

Regards,

Steve

Hi Steve,

I don't know about Tankfest but I was down at Bovington earlier in the year for a Tank day, driving an FV432, riding as commander in a Sherman Easy Eight and clambering in and out of a Pz IV, boy is the driver's position claustrophobic or what!

Not only have you driven a Sherman but a Dingo as well! I'm not envious, no I'm really not envious, no, really not, not: why is Canterbury so far from Bovington, if it was closer could I drive them? But I'm not envious, not a bit!

Well. perhaps just a little bit ....................

Good to hear from you,

Bob