Early Morris C8

johnguppy

i have recently purchased a 1944 Morris C8 and was wondering if anyone had the following information with regards to the chassis number

like so many vehicles apart from the ID plate the makers used to restamp the chassis somewhere else , on my jeep i found mine on one of the rear spring hangers

Chatting the other night with another respected member he informed me he though Morris stamped the number around the rear spring hanger and he would look in his book!!! i think it was 25yrs ago "i wrote it down he informed me "well im sure its difficult to turn pages over with a poorly finger !! so i seek the easy way 50 years of paint /oil underseal i would rather narrow down my options before going digging holes everwhere

any ideas

john

" What were you doing 25yrs ago "

Rick

can you look on the top of n/r rear spring hanger its stamped on top near where fixed to chassis number is there a number on yours

sorry not been in touch but my operation on my spine has stopped me dead from even opening doors or even lifting a kettle so time is something i have now

john

On the C9/B it's stamped very clearly on the rear face of the left hand rear spring hanger.

Thank you Ivor :).........I have been telling John that it was in that area, but it was about 30 years ago when I was restoring a Morris Comm. so memory was a bit hazy :confused:

Nice to have confirmation :thumbsup:

Found it this afternoon as Richard had said well not being moblie i got my grandson to wire brush off and it was found

and the iceing on the cake matches with the brass chassis ID plate under the bonnet

next

where is number on axles can you remember Richard

john

Rick

can you look on the top of n/r rear spring hanger its stamped on top near where fixed to chassis number is there a number on yours

sorry not been in touch but my operation on my spine has stopped me dead from even opening doors or even lifting a kettle so time is something i have now

john

No worries John, will have a look again tomorrow, in your own time. Have a couple of people interested in her, I will keep you in the loop.

Rick

john

My sympathies. I had an op on my spine last September to fix a bust disc which had left me good for nowt for 5 months. I kept away from vehicle work until January by which time I was as good as new so long as I didn't do any silly lifting. To prove I was better I restored the C9/B. I hope your recovery will be as successful as mine. :)