My pig in action 40 years ago

fv1609

I was having a clear out of images in my in tray & found that I was sitting on this.

It is definitely my pig, so it must be 4-5 days & 40 years ago.

Put your magic spectacles on & stare through the smoke at the off side wing & there it is 2996 OI

App1346a.jpg

Wow that is incredible Clive - not many people can prove for sure that their vehicle saw action. Is this the one you take to GDSF?

Jack, what I usually take is the Hornet FV1620 (Malkara missile launcher) I no longer have that. It used to tow my cipher trailer there, but it was a bit scary trying to get up some of the hills or keep holding it on the brakes whilst edging up the queues on the hills.

2996 OI is the prototype Pig FV1609, that's not been to GDSF before. It isn't fitted to tow, so I shall be roughing it in a tent. But should be less stressful travelling there & back.

Of course there were no Hornets in N.Ireland. Well that is not strictly true, they were so desperate for spares that one Hornet was re-bodied with armour from a scrap Pig.