Wilson self adjusting transmission rebuild question

CaptMax

Question

I am rebuilding my Wilson transmission in my Daimler Ferret and have come to a halt. I have new gear bands installed and am reassembling the transmission but would like to remove the first gear drum to make assembly easier. I have pictured the drum I am trying to remove. I have no clue as to why this one stayed in place where the others came off with no issues. Has anyone torn into these as as deeply as I have or am I alone in my quest? Any helpful hints to remove this would be gladly appreciated. Thank you., CaptMax

IMG_9713.JPG

IMG_9717.JPG

IMG_9712.JPG

10 answers to this question

4 hours ago, Ex-boy said:

Captain Max, you are doing a great job and I'm sure you will give a lot of people the idea that you can do whatever you set your mind to. Keep up the good work and I can hardly wait to see the finished product.

Steve.

Thank you Ex-boy. I really had no options but to do it myself, along with a friends help. Seems there not many (if any) places qualified or familiar with the Wilson transmission here in the states. Luckily there is the internet and with enough research I do believe anything is possible if you put your mind to it. Every now and then it helps to have a person whom looks at things differently (out of the box per say) and ask for their input. I couldn’t have done this restoration without some friends and the internet or it would have never been completed. Even with help it has been a bigger project than I ever imagined. Having people like you encourage me is also an inspiration as well. Thank you!

• Like 1

On 12/28/2018 at 9:12 PM, CaptMax said:

Yes Robin, I still need one. Do you have any for sale? I could still use an extra brow pad or two as well.

I did locate two but an extra would be nice. I have some parts to trade I know you could use, otherwise I will be listing them on eBay soon. 

Yes Steve I have black side hatch eyebrow pads and green centre hatch brow pads. Send me an email with what you have as a job lot if you want and a dollar figure, not a problem. I don't have any gearbox dipsticks currently but am keeping an eye out if any come from a salvaged vehicle i am dealing with someone on in the future. It wont be soon.

I now have the transmission reassembled less a couple small items, it still needs the bands adjusted but I just got the tool to do that. Hope to have it all installed back into the hull before long but the fridgid temperatures are not helping that. I will condition update the restoration thread as time permits. 

CaptMax 

3A491353-2CC8-47A1-860D-D036A1699B9E.jpeg

BD3B4DBA-B3DE-429C-BD69-8452FD84C37C.jpeg

5C17956C-4926-4415-B62C-8381B64D2719.jpeg

F526383D-052B-4E1D-A5F2-24AEEBD07C9A.jpeg

50F97736-5F69-4963-B4A9-133B61A3A030.jpeg

EBD730AA-4D21-4C1B-B8C2-195B3D390E27.jpeg

290F6118-A107-429A-A1DD-4AB4F231C8D9.jpeg

• Like 1