Triumph 3HW

TimKearney

Hello, thanks for accepting me onto this forum.

I am rebuilding a Triumph 3HW and would really value any help and advice, please. It's completely disassembled,

including the engine and gearbox! Is it possible to obtain copies of the spare parts manual/s? I'm hoping they have exploded diagrams in them, if so? Does anyone know the gearbox/engine/wheel bearing numbers please? I believe the wheel bearings are difficult to source too?

This may be too much info for one post, but I also need to know where to source a quality big end and Piston.

Thanks for any help you can offer!

Hi and welcome. I also own a restored 3HW and there are several others on here. You might also want to look in on http://www.wdbsa.nl/ which also has a forum dedicated to all WW2 WD motorcycles.

A quick google round shows up a down loadable manual and a parts list.

A first try for spares would be old Les at Russell Motors on 020 72281714

https://www.scribd.com/doc/22524076/Triumph-350cc-HW-OH-Valve-Owners-Manual

http://www.nationalmotorcyclemuseum.co.uk/product/triumph-1943-wartime-illustrated-spare-parts-manual-wd-3hw-engine-no-46918-51417-frame-no-tl36918-41417-ezra472/

Ron

Russell Motors (Les's Dad) bought up tons of ex wd motorcycle stock after the war. They still have loads of stuff in a warehouse. Les is now well in his 70's and also lost his brother this year. The shop is in Battersea and the best time to phone Les is mid am to mid pm Tue-Thur. It's well worth a first shot as I know he still has some 3HW stock. Ron

Russell Motors (Les's Dad) bought up tons of ex wd motorcycle stock after the war. They still have loads of stuff in a warehouse. Les is now well in his 70's and also lost his brother this year. The shop is in Battersea and the best time to phone Les is mid am to mid pm Tue-Thur. It's well worth a first shot as I know he still has some 3HW stock. Ron

Well worth a call. Les sorted me out with a few bits and pieces for my M20. Suspect I'll be contacting him again soon for a few more!

Hi Tim, I'm in the same boat as you, having a 3HW jigsaw to assemble. I've found some great info on the net with a bit of searching. A search on this site can deliver some incredible detail for the build too.

Hopefully I'll be posting some pictures when I get to an interesting bit.

Good luck can't wait to see how you get on.

Ian

• 2 years later...
  • 7 months later...

HI

Im starting to rebuild 3hw engine.

When i striped crank case drive side ,i had from crank a roller bearing, seal with metal sleeve, retaining clip and roller bearing .

Does any now where i can get a seal to fit metal sleeve or could i rebuild and omit seal and metal sleeve,or 

is they another way to rebuild this section.

Thanks for any help!

Regards

carl