Guzzi

Gareth Coe

Not much happening in here lately, so I thought I'd scan an old (i.e. before I had a digital camera) photo of me on the V50 and bung it up here so you can all have a giggle.

width=435 height=557http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b147/HeidiLandRover/Heidiweb1.jpg[/img]

Not quite sepia, I know. It was taken at Beltring in 2002 (I think) just after the ride-out. I seem to remember the whole place turning to mud the next day (some things never change, eh?)

Yeah, it's a fantastic ride. All the weight is low down, so you just swing it through corners. Fantastic sound too :evil:

This one's military spec, so it's got the dreaded shin-cracker (also known as a kick-starter).

As an Italian former Guzzista I always loved the V50. Expecially shifting down gears quickly and trying to control the jumps that the cardan transmission made the rear wheel do.

The good thing with the old Guzzi twins was that the colder the weather the better they performed!

Andrea

I had a V50 III until recently . Made really nice noises when it was going . When being the operative word there . Was so unreliable that once you got the thing started you didn't turn it off until you'd done what you set out to do . Glad to see the back of it .

Was so unreliable that once you got the thing started you didn't turn it off until you'd done what you set out to do . Glad to see the back of it .

Oh dear! :| Glad to say dear old Grisselda is a well-behaved old girl. She was my daily drive for over a year: through the winter ice and snow up the A14 every day to the office with no probs. Now she leads a quieter life ~ just MV shows and the like, but she's still a cutie :-D

I guess you were unlucky...

PS how's the Mog?

I stopped using the Guzzi after I nearly killed myself pushing it up & down the road trying to the bugger started so I could go home ! The 1200 Daytona I now have doesn't make quite such nice noises but is lovely in it's own way .

The Unimog now has brakes working on all four corners instead of just the two opposing ones & the compressor is huffing nicely thanks to it now having a drive belt ! It is also somewhat quieter with a complete new exhaust system . Just waiting to get the new tyres fitted and progress will have been made . I'm also told that there is someone nearby interested in the hiab so if that goes & it's a bit less unwieldy it should be coming home , then it's just the small matter of converting the colander presently sitting on the chassis into something resembling a cab .

pushing it up & down the road trying to the bugger started

Wears me out just hearing about it :eek2:

The Unimog now has brakes working on all four corners instead of just the two opposing ones & the compressor is huffing nicely thanks to it now having a drive belt ! It is also somewhat quieter with a complete new exhaust system . Just waiting to get the new tyres fitted and progress will have been made . I'm also told that there is someone nearby interested in the hiab so if that goes & it's a bit less unwieldy it should be coming home , then it's just the small matter of converting the colander presently sitting on the chassis into something resembling a cab .

Good good! Our Mog is currently having a re-spray. We still haven't seen yours yet have we? :whistle:

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Gareth,

Nice bike. Did you buy it Beltring? Every year there is a couple for sale from a Dutch guy. How do you rate the bike? I have been thinking of getting one for shows. Would apprecate your feedback.

Wolf.