Bren Gun Carrier

Ian43

Hello All,

I went to a show recently where there were two Bren Gun Carriers to be seen on site, one had been restored while the other looked like it had only just be released from some natural camouflage!

For some reason I didn't get any photos of the restored vehicle but I have attached some pictures of the latter, hopefully they are of interest.

P1020401.jpg

P1020400.jpg

P1020402.jpg

• 5 months later...

Ahh the hedge carrier raises its head again. Owned by the trustees of the steam museum, they would rather watch it rust to nothing than see it resurrected. Kev Powles spent time and effort trying to get it, as did I, as have many others. It's very much of a case of "it's mine, I won't use it...you can't buy it". The floors have gone, as have the track guards, centre bulkhead is on it's way..... It would be very very costly to save this carrier now.... Trust me I have been there and done it !

Ahh the hedge carrier raises its head again. Owned by the trustees of the steam museum, they would rather watch it rust to nothing than see it resurrected. Kev Powles spent time and effort trying to get it, as did I, as have many others. It's very much of a case of "it's mine, I won't use it...you can't buy it". The floors have gone, as have the track guards, centre bulkhead is on it's way..... It would be very very costly to save this carrier now.... Trust me I have been there and done it !

I was one of those trying to get these two couple years ago!! I agree, they won't let them go and the "restored" one isn't that good!!

I spoke to almost everyone there, it's a Trust and getting thru to them is murder!!!